The Arizona Parks and Recreation Association (APRA) 73rd Annual Awards were held on Tuesday, August 22nd at the Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa. The APRA annual awards honor communities throughout the State of Arizona that demonstrate excellence in long-range planning, resource management, and innovative approaches to delivering superb park and recreation services with fiscally sound business practices.
A panel of park and recreation professionals served as judges to review all applications. Judges are chosen for their considerable experience and knowledge in parks and recreation on both local and national levels. The criteria that judges voted upon are:
- Impact the facility has on the overall leisure opportunities of the service area in addition to demonstrating the need for the service area
- Works from a functional as well as an aesthetic standpoint
- Innovative features, energy conservation, and environmental sensitivity
- Unique methods of financing
We are pleased to announce that Alamar Park was selected as the recipient of the 2023 Outstanding Facility Award (Population 25,001 – 100K).
Alamar Park features include:
- Baseball/Softball and Multi-use fields
- Tennis, Pickleball, and Basketball Courts
- 3 playgrounds
- a fishing lake
- a splash pad
- an amphitheater
- dog parks
- Outdoor Fitness Court
Alamar Park is located at 4155 S. El Mirage Road, in Avondale, and was truly designed to be the hub of Alamar and Avondale to bring the community together.